Tuesday, August 24, 2010

worst day ever

Basically my life went out of control on Friday. I wanted to quit my day.

I started the day thinking I had a lot of pain in my back. Just dull achy pain that would not go away. I finally decided to go to Urgent Care but being the multitasking mommy I am, decide I would drop my car off to get 2 new tires while I was at the doctor. Down the road to my mother's house we go, Lila and I on the the interstate. Then one exit from where we need to get off the highway...BAM! My tire explodes. No, for real.
I pull off the road, in shock that I am on the side of a crazy busy highway with my baby and an exploded tire. Thank God we were safe and my mom quickly came and rescued us from the side of the road. I was shaking I was so terrified about how that could have been so dangerous for us.

When the lovely tow truck man took it to the tire store (about 1.5 miles from where my tire decided to die), they said they would replace the tire. So off I went to the doctor, only to find out they had no idea what was wrong with me, but "it sure didn't sound good." Definitely not kidney stones, kidney infection, muscle pain, UTI or gall bladder. Their highly educated, very expensive advice was to try an antibiotic, "just to see if that could possibly help" and either I would get better or probably end up in the hospital. I love smart people. Better yet, smart people I have to pay for their wonderful diagnostic skills.

On the way home from the doctor I got a call from the tire store. "Ma'am, did you know when your tire exploded, it took out your wheel well, side panel on your door, windshield wiper fluid container, front headlight structure and all the wiring? You might want to look into getting that fixed."

It is days like this that just makes me want to curl into a ball and give up. Thank God for his mercies, Brian for making me bowls of ice cream and bringing me the heating pad and Lila for her hilarious baby laugh.

He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater
He sendeth more strength as our labors increase
To added afflictions He addeth His mercy
To multiplied trials He multiplies peace

When we have exhausted our store of endurance
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done
When we reached the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving is only begun
~"He Giveth More Grace" by Annie J. Flint

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

That is a day of pouring rain. Why does it pour all at once I wonder? You haven't heard anything new on your pain? I'm praying for you Linds and so sorry about all the car drama. I'm just so glad you and Lila are safe after a tire blowing on the crazy 40...eeek!