Saturday, August 14, 2010

his grace is sufficient

Some days you just need to hear kind words. Someone telling you that you are doing a good job, despite the fact that there are at least 3 loads of laundry with varying levels of cleanliness and foldedness stacked on my bedroom floor. Despite the fact that the only time my carpet is vacuumed is before the nanny is coming. Despite the fact that last night, after cooking Brian a yummy dinner of dijon salmon, romaine salad, loaded baked potatoes, baguette and herb goat cheese, his response was, "Real food??" Despite the fact that only 6 out of my 10 toe nails have any polish on them...and I HATE unpainted toenails.

"Lindsay,
There really aren't words for how grateful and blessed I am to have met you. We're different, you and I; you have 100 good friends but I don't have many people close to me to confide in so meeting you was really one of the best things that's ever happened to me. You changed me for the better. Your selflessness dumbfounds me. You do EVERYTHING and have so much going on in your life but you always remember the little things...and blog on top of all that. Meeting you has made me want to be more like you in every way; stronger, more kind, more loving. And it's really made me think more about my own spirituality. You are the best listener and advice-giver and I can't wait to watch Lila grow up and watch how she's going to be your BFF."

Are you crying yet? Because I did when I got this card last week from a friend of mind. It makes me realize that sometimes, even when I feel like I am failing, God's grace is extended and he allows me to have an impact that is far more than I could ever achieve on my own. Some days, I just need to rest in that grace. Despite my imperfections.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
~2 Corinthians 12:9

4 comments:

Sues said...

AMEN! I can't AMEN this enough!!! :-)

Suzanne Olshefski said...

I love this post! This is the scripture I recite to myself every time I start to feel overwhelmed. Jared and I were just talking about it last night. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement!!

Casey Martinez said...

Beautiful post Linds! So glad you got a God hug through a friend's kind words. You really are an amazing gal, mama, wifey, friend etc. Hope you get lots of these hugs cuz I know how crazy our working lives are these days:). xoxo

Lauren said...

:)