Thursday, August 12, 2010

breakfast at tiffany's

First of all, I don't really like breakfast foods. I used to be lactose intolerant. And then I got pregnant with Lila and apparently returning my ability to digest milk was God's gift to me for enduring my pregnancy. I mean, other than Lila obviously.

So occasionally, I have cereal in the morning. Or a piece of toast, probably burnt because I left it in the toaster too long. But most mornings I am wolfing down a granola bar at 11am at my desk after my morning coffee has long turned cold. I wish I had time for a beautiful, yummy breakfast. I don't want to sit down with anything fancy like an omelet or bacon or pancakes because those hurt my tummy early in the morning. But I wish I had time to eat something.

Parenting.com put out a list of the top 15 on-the-go breakfast recipies. And I think I am going to make it my goal to try 2 of these every week. Don't these sound delicious?




When the toast is burned
And all the milk has turned
And Captain Crunch is waving farewell
When the big one finds you
May this song remind you
That they don't serve breakfast in hell
~"Breakfast in Hell" by Newsboys

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those photos look great! My favorite breakfast is 1/2 of an everything bagel spread with pesto, topped with a tomato slice, a slice of cheese melted on and an over easy egg rested on the top. Yum!

I can eat breakfast food any hour of the day or night!

Megan said...

I am singing that Newsboys song in my head as I read the lyrics. Classic.

Breakfast bars become my best friend during the school year. That yogurt looks fab, though--thanks for the good ideas!

Sues said...

I'm not a big breakfast person, either. I've gotten in the habit of drinking a protien shake each morning, just b/c I feel like I should get my metabolism going & I want CHOCOLATE! :-)

I found a good recipe for breakfast cookies that I made last week, too, which were a big hit: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/giant-breakfast-cookies