Monday, August 30, 2010

tour de fridge

Do you ever go over to other people's homes and peek in their fridge? Come on, I know I am not the only nosy weirdo out there. I personally find it interesting and often hilarious to see what other people always keep around to nosh on. After seeing what Katie from Cleared For Takeoff keeps in her fridge, I thought I would return the favor. Here is a tour of our fridge.
We like lots of magnets and pictures. It hides all the dirt and fingerprint smudges.

Lila hates these teething rings. I only keep them around so when know-it-all mommas ask me if I have ever tried the frozen teething rings (which FYI, are the first thing people give a baby when they start teething) I can show them the evidence that I at least tried.

I got a little distracted after taking this picture and ended up throwing away half these bottles.
20 minutes later, we continued.

It's like I always forget that I just bought sour cream. And if you keep bread in the fridge, it doesn't get moldy so fast.

I guess I buy marinara sauce like I buy sour cream. And yes, we are using the wine rack for bagels. It is the perfect size! As far as the fruit, Brian likes it cold. I don't get it.

We very rarely eat any other meat other than beef or chicken; ribs were on sale this weekend. And Diet Coke is a necessity. So cold and frosty. "It feels so good when it hits your lips!"

I love my fancy creamer in my coffee. It literally helps me get out of bed in the morning. And the fertility drugs are left over from Lila's IVF. I just can't throw them away, even though they are way expired. Maybe it's because it reminds me of miracles every morning when I open the fridge. Maybe it's because they are worth thousands of dollars.

I love summer produce. I get a little over zealous when I hit that part of the grocery store.

 
Cheese holds a special place in my heart. And in our fridge.

And on to the freezer.
Why are you supposed to keep coffee in the freezer? Anyone? I just do what I'm told.

Lila has apparently taken over every area of the house, including the freezer.

 
Oh the life of a working mother. At least it's better than fast food?? 

If you haven't tried the steamer vegetables, you need to run to your grocery store RIGHT NOW. So easy, just throw it in the microwave. And it makes you think you're healthy. Sister Schubert rolls rock my world, the end. And some days, you just need a Thin Mint.

And the most random thing in the fridge award goes to: frozen pineapple juice. Can't remember why I bought it. Have no idea how I intended to use it. Not sure that I ever will, yet feel strangely compelled to keep it.

I don't think America will really have it made until we have our own salad dressing.
Until then we're stuck behind the French, Italians, Russians and Caesarians.
~Pat McNelis

4 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I enjoyed the tour very much! Now I want to go clean and organiz my fridge~~;)

Sues said...

I love this post! I love that you keep stuff in there just to shut people up and stuff that holds your heart & helps you be thankful! :-) I'm with you on the condiment overload, and I've never kept my bread in the fridge until we started getting 2 loaves at a time at Costco. Now I'm with you! YAY FOR BREASTMILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I miss having that in ours. *sniffle, sniffle* :-)) And I'm a diet coke addict, too - it DOES feel so good hitting your lips! ;-) LOVE chsses, and we've always heard the coffee-freeze thing, too. Guess it just keeps it fresher? More like it's just been ground?

Do you really eat all that produce before it goes bad? I always end up with rotten produce we don't get to. :-(

Sister Schubert rolls rock my world, too!!!!!

Wow - you really do learn a lot with this! Maybe I'll do it one day when ours isn't so empty! It's currently not representitive of the *real* us at all.

Unknown said...

You are a brave woman! Your fridge looks a lot like mine! Love the pineapple juice! I'm sure you had a purpose in buying it at the time :-) ~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com

Sues said...

Returning the favor!
http://castleblake.blogspot.com/2010/09/tour-de-fridge.html