Kayla of My Bella Baby!
Kayla, I sent you an email with instructions about how to contact the shop to receive your awesome prize!
This week has been a little crazy, with Father's Day, moving Katelyn and Peter into their new apartment, and then on Tuesday, my mom had some minor surgery. So I really have not stopped to breath. On weeks like this, where I just don't stop, I feel like I need to focus on what allows me to stay calm and collected.
1. Big, warm bubble baths. I didn't really like to take baths before I was pregnant. And then I got huge and uncomfortable and liked to float around in the tub. The other night, I was just exhausted, so I handed Lila off to Brian, poured a glass of wine, and just sat in the bath and read a book. Epic.
2. Fifteen more minutes in the morning. That alarm goes off and there is nothing I love more than pulling the pillow back over my head, snuggling up to Brian sans baby, and napping away.
3. A really cold Diet Coke. Not cool, freezing cold. Straight out of the can. Loves it.
4. A trashy book. This week, I am reading a Mary Higgins Clark novel. I know, it is ridiculous. But I love the predictable mystery and easy reading. Next week, I am picking back up with "Bringing Up Girls" by James Dobson. So I hope you can forgive the momentary lapse in literary judgement.
5. Labeling all my frozen milk in the freezer with the date and organizing it. It gives me a sense of control. And knowing I am providing for Lila, even when I am frazzled.
What gives you a sense of calm and control when you are having a crazy week?
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface,
but always paddling like the dickens underneath.