Saturday, June 5, 2010

she works hard for the money

One of the logistics that had to be figured out when Lila was born was my work situation. Up until I got pregnant, I was working as an event planner at the college where I went to undergrad. I loved my job, but I worked a lot of nights and weekends. It was also an hour commute each way every day. Once Lila was born, I could not imagine leaving my little girl for that long every day.

So I took a leap of faith. I quit my job, praying that God had another job out there that would better fit our lifestyle. Our priorities are just different now. And I have been LOVING the last 12 weeks at home with my baby girl. But to be honest, I miss working. I miss going to an office, being productive, talking to adults. Oh yeah, and that whole getting a paycheck thing. It is such an internal conflict for moms. Because when I am at a job, I am not with her.

I am excited at the blessing of a job God has brought along to fill all of our needs! Yesterday, I accepted a job planning special events for a local non-profit. 10 minutes from our house. And I just love the atmosphere, with lots of kids running around and a family friendly office. In fact, I will only have to work in the office 3 days a week! And the rest of the time I can work from home with my little girl! Thank you Jesus for allowing me to take care of Lila, work to help support our family, and enjoy the amazing event planning and fundraising work I will get to do.

Choose a job you love, and you will
never have to work a day in your life.
~Confucius

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Amen sister!! CAn't tell you how happy I am for you. God is so faithful to provide for His kids!! Glad that you will be able to work from home a couple of days. What a huge blessing!!