Monday, March 14, 2011

cup o joe

Oh cup of Eight O'Clock coffee, full of French Vanilla creamer and a half scoop of sugar. You make my belly warm and my head feel not so fuzzy every morning. How I wish I could enjoy your sweetness without having to microwave you at least once, sometimes twice, before I can drink to the bottom of the mug. The second I sit down to enjoy, the dog who was napping lazily in the morning sun is suddenly up and barking at the food bowl. The baby that was playing so gently with her toys on the living room floor is now waving around a laptop power cord as if she won an electrically charged prize. And the fire alarm in the kitchen is going off from the English muffin that I finally got in the toaster after the baby is fed.
Oh coffee. Le sigh. Please get in my belly - and blood stream - faster.

Way too much coffee.
But if it weren't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsoever.
~David Letterman

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

oh man I understand! I heart my coffee in the morning. With my two boys...I NEED IT BADLY! :-) Cute post! ~Kimberly

www.stinkerpinker.com
www.thesweetscentshop.com