Wednesday, July 21, 2010

skinny minny

My baby is super skinny. Long little legs and arms and a tiny little waist. We have been wondering how big she has grown since she just seems to be getting longer and not chubby at all (except for those dimpled thighs that I just want to eat with a spoon).

This week at Lila's 4 month doctors appointment she weighed 11lbs. 10oz. and is 24.5 inches long. So 50th percentile for length and 10th percentile for weight. And she has a normal sized head (I kept the little paper but I cannot be bothered to go get up and look for it right now. Basically her head was normal cm.)

So since she has slowed down on the weight growth curve from 25th percentile at 2 months to 10th percentile now, our doctor would like to fatten her up a little. Perhaps she has been reading too many Hansel and Gretel nursery rhymes?

Which means we will now be trying to add 6 oz. of formula to Lila's daily diet. Extra milk for Lila Bean! I am okay with that as I was already having to supplement with formula during the days I am at work since I pump less milk than she takes in a bottle during a feeding.

The doctor said this is probably just her body type, long and skinny, and that she is super healthy. She loved seeing her strong head and neck muscles and the way she was playing with toys. She said she was very impressed with how fast she was advancing developmentally and that Lila will be sitting up very soon. My baby is a genius. Obviously.

Everyone is a genius at least once a year.
The real geniuses simply have
their bright ideas closer together.
~Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

No comments: