Sunday, July 4, 2010

let freedom ring

Today is a very important day for our country. I have never had anyone in my family in the military, but I totally respect and honor everyone who fights for our country. My one mommy friend who is a military wife is about the most selfless woman I know.

She said goodbye to her husband as he went off to Iraq when their son was less than a year old. She made a giant magnet of her husband's face so that their son could say goodnight to daddy every evening. She found a bakery that would mail a fresh cake to her husband overseas so fast that it was still yummy.

And now he is home, and she still supports him and his fellow soldiers every day. This post is dedicated to Ellie, her husband Geoff, their beautiful little boy Grant, and their blessing of a baby due in about 2 months. We salute you Geoff for all your bravery and we salute you Ellie for staying behind and standing strong.

It is courage, courage, courage, that raises
the blood of life to crimson splendor.
Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity.
~Horace

1 comment:

LBC said...

way to make me boo-hoo! I love you Linds. Thank you for sure a sweet post!