Thursday, July 8, 2010

little toes

And the winner of the necklace by Ohanabylea is... Martha! She emailed in her comment, rather than posting it, but I was so glad to get her entry and her necklace wish for her two baby girls, Emma and Jane. Congratulations Martha!

What a crazy week! We just got back from Garden City, SC, where we were vacationing with Brian's family for a long 4th of July weekend. We loved spending time with his family, eating lots of yummy seafood, taking walks on the beach, and best of all, seeing Lila's expression at the first moment we put her little toes in the wet sand. I have lots of pictures to post, so those will be up later this week.

I am kind of dealing with a little sadness at the thought of going to work at my new job starting on Monday. I am incredibly excited about this new job, as it will be such a wonderful fit with me, raising money through special events for a wonderful charity I strongly believe in. But it means leaving my little girl at home. The little girl who has heard my voice every morning since the day she was born.

Last night, after I changed her into her safari onsie (because you never know what kind of wild animals you might encounter in your crib), I sat in the glider in her room with the lights off. Just snuggling her. Smelling her baby sweetness. And crying a little, at how big she is already. My little girl is not a newborn anymore. She is rolling around. Reaching for toys and stuffing them in her mouth. Babbling on and laughing big silly laughs. Throwing fits when I don't give her milk the moment she decides that she might possibly be hungry.

I know it is okay for her and I to spend some time apart, and it will be good for both of us, but I am sad that this chapter is ending. And I know Monday morning will be harder than I can imagine. But the best part is that after all those years of waiting, Lila will be waiting for me each afternoon when I walk back into the house, ready to see her mama.

Let them be little
Cause they're only that way for a while
Give them hope, give them praise
Give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle
Let them sleep in the middle
Oh, let them be little
~"Let Them Be Little" by Lonestar

2 comments:

Christine said...

thank you for reminding me of that song... you officially kick started my emotional train wreck... i love cuddle bugs & will be posting soon about it ... THANK YOU for that reminder

Casey Martinez said...

So monday is the day eh. I'm sorry hun. I know you will do such an amazing job of juggling work and a little one...I see you doing it much better than me:) But, no mater what it's not fun and it hurts to leave your little one in the care of someone else when you'd rather it be you!! I'll be praying for your peace of mind and heart! xoxo