Monday, May 3, 2010

wicked

It's finally date night time! Brian did an awesome job giving me something to look forward to during the long days and nights of these past 7 weeks. He had purchased tickets for Wicked at the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) for my birthday in January. We planned for this to be our first date night after Lila was born. And man have I been looking forward to it!

My parents came over to watch Lila, which was great to know I didn't have to worry about her. We got all dressed up (or as dressed up as I can get since I can only wear about 10% of my pre-baby wardrobe) and ready for our big night out on the town. We started at Parizade, one of our favorite restaurants in Durham. After a yummy dinner of calamari, caesar salad, shrimp and scallop orzo for me and duck for Brian, and banana rum napoleon...we were stuffed and happy.

Then we went to DPAC to see Wicked. DPAC was built several years ago and is a great venue both for it's shows and for it's beautiful view out the glass side of the building. We loved the play! It was the first time either one of us had seen Wicked, which was fun to experience it together. I love the theater; it makes me feel all fancy and sophisticated. Especially when eating snacks out of my purse that I sneaked in.

What a great time we had, just talking and enjoying each other's company. It is so easy to turn into just a mom and forget the whole wife bit. I am so glad Brian and I could have some time together to be a couple with lots of laughter and silliness. And how much fun it was, to turn to each other on the drive home and say, "We get to go home and see our little girl now!"

The theater is so endlessly fascinating
because it's so accidental.
It's so much like life.
~Arthur Miller

No comments: