Thursday, May 13, 2010

wake up sleepyhead

I am not a morning person. I literally have an entirely different personality in the morning. I am an extreme extrovert usually and always have something to say, but in the morning, my ability to communicate is at an all time low. I usually respond to Brian in grunts. Luckily, as I am staying home with the Bean right now and not working, I get to sleep in and start our morning a little later. Because you do not want to see me at 5:45am.

We usually have nursy time for Lila about 6:30-7am. Today it was at 8, which made the whole morning seem better :-) After she's done nursing, burping, spitting up, changing clothes and diaper, we are ready to start our day. My favorite mornings are where we don't have to be anywhere and we can just sit together in the sunny living room.
We usually start off like this...

and then move to this as we get sleepy again...

and then finally we have some snuggle time. I LOVE when Lila holds my hand while she sleeps.

Then once Lila goes down for a nap, I can grab a cup of my favorite tea, Pomegranate White Tea from Trader Joe's. Delicious! Another part of my morning that I have been trying to incorporate is morning devotions. Our church all follows the same bible reading schedule, called the Life Journal. Today our reading included: 2 Sam. 24; 1 Cor. 21; Ps. 30; 1 Th. 2. I just found out that I can do my reading and journaling online, which makes me want to do it even more. Because it's cool. And I can scroll and highlight on the computer. I know, what a loser. But every day I pray that God bring out one verse to help me with my day. And today, He did. Thanks God.

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
You have put off my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
To the end that my glory
may sing praise to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
~Psalm 30:11-12

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

I so enjoyed this post:) Lila is so precious and the pic of her holding your hand is darling! Will she hold it for a long time? That tea sound fabulous! I'm getting some!