Thursday, May 20, 2010

grill baby grill

No, I did not fall off the face of the earth from the stress of travelling with a two month old baby. Just lazy and haven't uploaded the pictures from Florida yet, so I thought, "Hey! It's not like anyone checks my blog to hear me jabber on. It's because of the cute baby pictures! So no point in posting till I have some of those to share."

I will upload all my FL pictures tonight and get down to more "Things I learned while flying with a baby." In the meantime, I am off to go get a fabulous massage today, thanks to my friend Jen. She gave me a gift certificate for my birthday in January. When I was huge. And I thought there was no point wasting it then because as soon as the 50 minutes was up, I would still be big and pregnant. So I decided to keep it for when I could actually enjoy the massage and it's after glow.

And then tonight, we are enjoying some fabulous Tequila Lime marinated steak! Yum! Here is the recipe for your enjoyment :-)

Tequila Lime Marinade

2 T tequila
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T soy sauce
1 jalapeno
2 scallions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T brown sugar
1 t black pepper
1/2 t sea salt
2 lime wedges

Mix marinade, then add 1.5 lbs skirt or flank steak to marinate at least 6 hours. Goes great in fajitas or enjoy straight off the grill. (From "Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes From Foster's Market" by Sarah Foster)


Grilling is like sunbathing.
Everyone knows it is bad for you
but no one ever stops dong it.
~Laurie Colwin

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

As I sit here eating my frozen lunch I cannot help but, think how delicious that sounds and also, how do you find time to make something like that let alone shop for it??? I still have yet to really tackle making dinners again since Daisy was born..poor joey:( Thanks for the recipe:)

pauline said...

Oh thankyou for posting pics! Those far away love seeing Lilabean :)