Friday, May 28, 2010

five big ones

Happy anniversary to my wonderful husband of five years! Wow, that seems crazy to say. Five years is big time. In the past five years we have endured me going to grad school, graduating from UNC, went on a cruise, bought a house, decorated said house, vacationed in the Florida Keys, had Brian switch bank branches twice, went on lots of trips around NC, celebrated my sister's wedding, went through 2 years of fertility treatments, got another dog, travelled to Chicago for IVF, had a crazy pregnancy, and loved on our little bundle of joy.
Thank you for the amazing journey and I can't wait for the many years ahead. And I am sorry I have strep throat on our anniversary. Which apparently grown-ups still get. So our anniversary dinner is consisting of a smoothie, some chicken noodle soup, and a popsicle. Hopefully the amoxicillin will wave its magic wand over my nasty red throat before our big date night out for sushi tomorrow. Mmm sushi. But not right now. Cause at this moment it's more like, oooh scratchy swallow-requiring sushi, yuck.
Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb.
It isn't something you get. It's something you do.
It's the way you love your partner every day.
~Barbara De Angelis

No comments: