Monday, November 7, 2011

slowing down

A week off work. Time to recharge and reflect on God's work in our lives. 

 A chance to catch up with my mom who was staying with us recovering from knee surgery. Learning the word "pumpkin" with Aunt KK.

 Sweet park dates and playing in the fallen, brilliant leaves. 

 Mornings in bed sipping coffee with Brian watching Lila laugh at her own sillyness. Long date nights knowing Lila is asleep in her crib with my mom standing guard. 

Discovering the joy of biting into a whole apple and tasting the sweet treat under the leaves.  

Taking deep breaths and feeling moments, even though they may be brief, of peace.

I get kissed by the sun each morning, put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself, this world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed and I feel like I’ve found my way

I thank God for all I’ve been given at the end of every day
I have been blessed with so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me, to love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
~"Blessed" by Martina McBride

No comments: