Sunday, November 20, 2011

cowgirls and blogger guilt

I think I have had a breakthrough about this blog. When I first created it, it was a private blog for our family and friends to document our journey through IVF. And then it became a sort of baby book for Lila during the pregnancy from hell. Then as my readers were growing I started to think about what people wanted to read, whether my blog was funny or witty or engaging. But the more I try, the further apart my blog posts have become. 

So I will stop trying. Stop trying to meet a blog post length in my head. Stop trying to come up with interesting topics that I am not invested in and hope people like reading it. I will stop trying to make my blog something it is not. I love writing and sharing and connecting with other women around the world. And that is what my heart needs right now. So I will share my heart and if you like it, stick around. If not, I am sure your Google Reader is still full of other witty women and I hope you enjoy their blogs as well. 

That is what I will not be ashamed about writing about Halloween on November 20. Because that is about how my life is rolling right now. Here is Lila the cowgirl in all her glory. 
Her daycare had a Halloween parade, but of course it was raining and 40 degrees on Halloween in North Carolina. So they paraded around the hallways of the daycare while all the momma/daddy-razzis took a million pictures of them. 

 Another picture Mom?? Fo real??

Oh thank God, snack time makes it all better
 
Brian, Auntie KK and I felt obligated to take her trick-or-treating even though she clearly didn't care, nor would we let her eat the candy. Score one for the parents! Basically Halloween was a major let down for Lila, but luckily she did not have high expectations. A lesson for life from the toddler ya'll.  

Many precede and many will follow, a young girl's dream no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out west but what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed 
She needs wide open spaces, room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces, she knows the high stakes 
~"Wide Open Spaces" by Dixie Chicks

No comments: