Monday, July 18, 2011

butterfly in the sky

Lila and her BFF Daisy took a trip out to the Museum of Life + Science recently to see how they liked all the interactive exhibits. We are so luck to live only 15 minutes from this great museum and have been contemplating buying an annual membership. But I was not sure if she was old enough yet to enjoy the museum. I stand corrected. 
Daisy and Lila are such awesome play date friends because their demeanor is so similar. They both like to play hard and get upset when they get pulled away. They like to steal each others' snacks and cups back and forth without getting upset. And they both are very inquisitive and social.
They both loved the museum, especially the giant playground with percussion wall. The butterfly house was pretty cool to Casey and I, however the girls did not seem to care that there were beautiful winged creatures all around them. They cared more about snack time. 
We were having such a good time outside and in the butterfly house on the back side of the museum that we barely made it inside the actual museum before it was time to go. I still think the exhibits are a little over their head, as it is hard to explain space travel to someone who does not understand shoes. Nevertheless, I think it was a successful trip. It inspired me to continue to get out and try new places for Lila, even if they seem a tad too old for her. And to always bring Daisy along for play dates. 
You've got a friend in me, You've got a friend in me
You've got troubles then I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together we can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me
~"You've Got a Friend In Me" by Randy Newman

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

How freaking cute and sweet was this post of our two girls playing together! You should have added that Daisy is much bossier than your sweet little Lila....and she steals things from Lila not the other way around. LOL. I think I'm just going to copy and paste your post into my blogger instead of bothering to create my own. This was so great!!