Tuesday, January 25, 2011

no need to fuss

I am in a season of unrest. There is so much going on in my life that I have to stop and remind myself to slow down and breathe most days. I have so many prayers...for my family, for my husband and God's hand as he leads our family, for our ever-more-hectic crazy schedule, for Lila as she grows bigger ever moment. And some days, it is too much for me to take. I start feeling the anxiety creep up. I have to stop to bow my head more often throughout the day. And pray for God's peace and protection in the people that I love.

In the car this weekend, I was having one of those moments where my head starts racing with all of the what ifs. I had Veggie Tales on in the car because I am becoming increasingly more concerned that Lila's first words will be "It's a party in the USA." And what kind of mom would that make me? As the thoughts started to take over my head, God spoke to me in the voice of a little cartoon asparagus...

The Lord has given this land to us
No need to fuss
He knows what he's doing
We know that he will take care of us
If we will follow Him
God's way is the best way
Now that I know he loves me so
His way is the best way and that's the way for me

And then I bowed my head (and did not close my eyes because duh, I was driving) and thanked God for taking care of us. Every day and in ways I cannot even see.

3 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I love when God uses the VEggie tales to speak to us. I think I almost started crying while watching the Easter Veggie Tales episode! You are a good mama to be thinking about what your gal is hearing already. I try to do that too...most of the time;0!

Ashlynn said...

oh my gosh, that is so powerful. Reading your blog has spoken to me, so thank you for posting!

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

My web blog: chwilówki na tydzień