Thursday, January 13, 2011

merry and bright

I got a new camera for Christmas. Mine was stolen at a work event back in September. I haven't gotten around to replacing it because it was hard for me to believe that someone actually stole my camera. From a 5K. For charity...benefiting sick kids. I guess some people have no soul. I kept putting off the camera purchase assuming I would find it. But no so such luck.

That unnecessarily long introduction was to point out why I have not posted Christmas photos yet. I had to borrow my parents old camera for the weekend and did not get all the hardware to download it on my laptop until today. Don't you hate when something was so long ago it is pointless to blog about it? But you feel like a bad mom if you do not capture it in all of its glory and importance for the internet. If your baby opened adorable toys on her first Christmas morning and you don't blog about it, did it ever really happen? So without further ado, here is Lila's first Christmas in pictures.
Christmas with Lindsay's family
All these presents better be for me

It's the newest fashion. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

It's called a Barbie? It looks like a plastic baby doll. I don't get it.

Put me down so I can play with all the fun crinkly paper Mom!

Christmas morning with Brian's family
Beep beep! Places to go, people to see

Look at my new trick! I can clap my hands! Yay!

My dolly's face is pretty yummy. Does anyone else think it's snack time?

Passed out halfway through present opening. Being a baby is exhausting.

Christmas Snow 2010
Super fluffy and beautiful snow fall

This white stuff is kind of cold and wet

Brian having a snowball fight with his brother. And apparently Zaxby the dog wants to play

Snow Princess

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen to hear sleigh bells in the snow
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas with every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white
~"White Christmas" by Irving Berlin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

New follower!
Check us out at
http://meganrockenbach.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

what a little angel!