Wednesday, November 10, 2010

tag, you're it

I love when Brian and I work together as a team. I think we are always on the same page, but there are just some days that we click in and are rolling right on along together. It started this morning, when Brian fed Lila a bottle while I took a shower. I picked out her outfit while they played on the bed. And then he dressed her while I got ready. Perfect team work.

After work, we were still on a roll. Brian picked her up from daycare while I worked a little late. When we got home, I made and fed Lila some food while he made dinner. Then he fed her a bottle while I ate my dinner. And now he is playing with her while I blog. It is the life of two working parents.

I am not sure how women do it when they have husbands that travel a lot. I have friends who are single moms and my hat is ALWAYS off to them. One of my friends has a 3 year old and a 1 year old whom she raises on her own. She goes to work and teaches other kids during the day and then comes home and is an amazing mother to her kiddos at night. That is a tireless day and she does it with more grace than I could ever have. God is blessing her children with an example of a true woman of God and a selfless mother.

I wish I didn't whine about how tired I was at the end of every day. I wish I didn't need so much caffeine to make it through the afternoon. Because I am blessed to have a husband that helps me raise our daughter. And tonight, I needed to be reminded of awesome our tag team really is.

Tag Team back again, check and direct and let's begin
Party on party people let me hear some noise
DC's in the house jump jump rejoice
There's a party over here, a party over there
Wave your hands in the air, shake your derriere
These three words when you're gettin' busy
Whoomp there it is, hit me
~"Whomp There It Is" by Tag Team

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That song took me back - too funny! I can't wait to see how well my husband and I work together when our little one arrives. I know at first it will be different, but it will be neat to see what happens as he gets a little older.