Tuesday, November 23, 2010

spread the cheer

What is it about the holidays that makes us indulge in such fabulous food? We diet all year long and then lose it in the last 6 weeks. I am not sure if we are just cold and depressed from all the dreary, dark days and need a pick-me up (although that is absolutely not the excuse with the 60 degree weather we have been having in North Carolina all week). Is it a peer pressure thing? All I know is when the Christmas music starts playing, all hell breaks lose in my tummy.

Starbucks is one of my all time favorite indulgences and I am so glad that they cater right to me and my red cup craving ways. This December, they are having a holiday special every day of December. Just text "12DAYS" to 29943 and they will text you the daily deal starting December 1. Texting and coffe, two of my favorite things working together for the common good.

I also hit up Trader Joe's today and picked up some of our favorite holiday treats. Again, why do I think it is okay now to eat a sweet every night? But none the less, there they were in my cart with Lila chewing on the corner of the box. The Joe Joe's are for Brian, the toffee is for me.

And my last holiday indulgence is all the fabulous Christmas music blaring on my iPod, car stero and laptop speakers at work. I try to start off every morning with this one to get me in the mood for sleigh rides, Christmas caroling and evergreen trimming. Since those are all obviously a part of my every day schedule.

First we'll make snow angels for two hours, then we'll go ice skating,
then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookie-dough as fast as we can,
and then we'll snuggle.
~"Elf"

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

I've never heard of those "oreos." I will def. have to try them! I too am all about the festive special foods and sounds of the season...and sights. I am happy that some of my neighbors broke the "rules" and put up lights ummm, 4 weeks ago! hahaha. I've enjoyed them very much:).