Tuesday, November 16, 2010

fragile: handle with care

I was ordering our Christmas cards in the mail tonight and going back through all of our 2010 photos. And I discovered two things: one, Brian and I did not take enough pictures this year, just the two of us. Brian's response? "Yeah, Lila does kind of steal the show at all picture worthy events." Note to self, put the baby down sometimes.

Two: sweet baby Jesus, Lila was so tiny.

How did we not break her?

You can thank me later for making your ovaries cry. Look at those wrinkles. And if one more person asks what I am planning for her one year old birthday, I might just lose it. It is still 4 months away people! Do you want me to burst into a spontanous meltdown over how big she is already? Eight. Months. Old. Shut your mouth.
So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song
Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...
~"Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments: