Friday, January 13, 2012

camp anawanna

Did you know that the past year has actually only taken 3 months to fly by? I know, I totally didn't realize my house existed in a space time continuum. Shocking. Perhaps even as shocking as the fact that I am now 1 month and 28 days shy of being the parent of a 2 year old. Say what??? Wasn't I just planning a Fancy Nancy one year old party and worrying about Lila's first bite of cupcake? Obviously when I look at little baby Lila pictures I realize what an almost-teenager I have on my hands now. But the time just does not add up.

 When I got over my shock that my ride in the DeLorean with Doc Brown had obviously erased the past 8 months in my brain, I realized it was party planning time! And is there a better place to waste whole hours of time "researching" party ideas than browsing Pinterest? After much discussion that required multiple bowls of ice cream, Brian and I decide on a girly Camp Out theme. So excited to get everything together for her fabulous party!

Source: etsy.com via Lindsay on Pinterest
We are using printable custom invitations to cut down on cost. This Etsy shop will customize the design with all of our info, send us the high res PDF and we can print ourselves or at Kinkos on card stock. 

S'more cupcakes will be a MUST at our party. And actual s'mores. And maybe s'more cookies. And then some more s'mores. Perhaps this part of the party will just be for me?

I am in love with this camp themed table! Hanging lanterns will be a very serious part of our party decorations. 

So maybe this isn't all about the camp theme, but I love this idea of covering tables with butcher paper and having big jars of crayons. 

This came from an event planning website and has tons of cute decoration ideas for a camp themed party. I love the flowers in colorful cans and the printable tags on the marshmallow tray. 

I love this sign and I can just picture it blown up and framed over one of the tables. 

No comments: