Wednesday, January 11, 2012

one for one

I am so not a patient person. Not at all. I want it when I want it and I have a hard time waiting for something when it is taking longer than I think. Why yes, this does apply to my life in general right now, but more importantly to my new pair of TOMS coming in the mail. 
I have been wanting a pair of TOMS for quite some time but with our hardcore budget over the last several months, there would be no $55 shoes for me. So I hinted for weeks before Christmas that it would be awesome if Santa (cough, Brian, cough) bring me a pair under the tree. And they were there! And they were glorious! And sadly, too big...

So I stood in line on the Tuesday after Christmas at the post office with the rest of the incorrect online ordering world and priority mailed them back to California. And now two weeks later they are finally on a big brown truck on the way back. I think I might wear them every day. Forever. 
And just because pictures of little baby Lila make my cry with the epic cuteness, here is Lila rocking her TOMS last spring from her Aunt Mary Allen. Why yes, my baby is cooler than me and had awesome shoes long before I did.

5 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I am SO with you on that...not that I have to have a pair but, I really really want a pair for Daisy. Just with their feet didn't grow so fast! They are freaking cute! Enjoy yours friend:)

Sues said...

Fill me in on the TOMS craze! Everyone here in south GA goes nuts over them, too, & I feel so in the dark. :-P

Too Much Good said...

Sues, they are super comfy, made of sustainable materials, and they are a non-profit that provides a pair of TOMS for a child in a third world country for every pair that is purchased...one for one.

Princess MommyPants said...

I want to get the girls TOMS! I LOVE my TOMS. I have 3 pair...but, they were all gifts. I don't have a budget for $55 shoes either! haha

Sues said...

COOL! I may need a pair for my bday! ;-)