Monday, October 3, 2011

so very big

She is so grown up. Suddenly she is in 2T clothes. She only even asks for a paci at naptime and bed. She walks to the fridge and tries to open it when she wants milk. She wants to walk ahead of us without holding out hand. She repeats EVERYTHING...seriously, she started calling Brian by his first name instead of Daddy because she heard me calling him that..."Brrrriiiiaaan! Brian! Brian! More more!"
She grabs her bow in the morning and walks to me so I can put it in her hair. I tell her it is time to put on shoes and she plops down on the ground, sticking her feet in front of her so I can slide them on. She picks up her fake purse and loops it over her arm, walking to the front door saying "Bye bye!" She walks around the house on her fake cell phone having whole 5 minute conversations "Hello? (lots of garbled words) Cracker? Uh huh. Okay! (lots of garbled words) Daddy? Mimi? Mommy? Okay, bye bye!"
 I can't decide if I like this one better in color or black & white

She is getting so heavy it is hard to carry her on my hip for more than a few minutes. Which is just fine with her since she would rather be walking around, exploring on her own. She picks up her Grinch and cradles him in her arms, patting his bottom and rocking him back and forth like a baby. She tries to feed him her sippy cup and sets him in her rocking chair. 
Her new wooden kitchen I snagged off Craigslist for $40 (STEAL!) is her favorite thing ever and she can spend forever taking plastic food in and out of the oven and stirring pots. Maybe she will love to cook like mommy one day. I have a feeling that one day is becoming not so far away anymore.

We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.
~Stacia Tauscher

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

I love the color and BW...I wouldn't be able to choose either:-). Lila is growing like a weed!! So crazy how much our girls are talking now and how independent they all want to be. Gone are the days of babies who just sat in one place;0.