Friday, November 27, 2009

gobble gobble

Oh how I love turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. And you know what I love even more?? Being pregnant and having an excuse to eat as much of them as a I want because "the baby needs to be nourished." How could she possibly grow to be big and strong if I deprive her of homemade praline apple pie? I'm pretty sure that has its own line on the food pyramid.

We have had a good week of resting and spending time with family. Our doctors appointment on Tuesday went really well. Basically I have stayed about the same as last week, which is good and means I am not progressing into labor. The doctor reassured us that he does not think I am headed towards more preterm labor in the next week or two, as I appear to have stabilized. They do not know why my body is not holding up, but at least in looks like something that can be managed.

After the doctor did the exam he stated, "Well I think that's about the best we could have hoped to see today." My favorite nurse's response (who was in the room as well)..."Great, so can we just go ahead and hypnotize her until she's 38 weeks and it's time to deliver? Because I'm pretty sure she can't take much more of this." Oh Jeanette the nurse, I love that you understand me!

On Thursday morning, my sister Katelyn and her husband Peter flew in from Florida to spend the week with us, which made sitting on the couch all day so much more bearable! I got a "pass" from my doctor to spend the day at my parents' house for Thanksgiving fun, as long as I laid down the whole day. We did however, briefly get vertical to take some family photos for about 5 minutes. What an awesome way to wrap up a week of giving thanks for God's blessings, keeping Lila safe and warm in my tummy!


Turkey for the girls and turkey for the boys
My favorite kind of pants are corduroys
Gobble gobble goo and gobble gobble gickel
I wish turkey only cost a nickel
Oh I love turkey on Thanksgiving!
~"The Thanksgiving Song" by Adam Sandler

No comments: