Tuesday, November 10, 2009

future Mia Hamm

We have had so much birthday going around, I feel like we need a whole post about Miss Lila! The most exciting news is that Brian finally got to feel her kick on Sunday! I have been feeling Lila move around for about a month, but due to her positioning (further back by my spine) my doctor had told us it could be weeks before she was strong enough to be felt outside.

On Sunday morning, Brian was laying in bed talking to my tummy (he likes to tell Lila stories) and had his hand laying on my belly. All of a sudden she kicked really hard and Brian literally jumped off the bed! He was shocked and asked me if I had made my stomach do that. After explaining to him that no, I could not make my insides move independently of my body, and yes that was the baby, he freaked out. He kept talking to her and for about 10 minutes she just kicked away for him to feel and see. I am so excited he finally got to feel this beautiful little life growing inside me!

We have also been working very hard on Lila's nursery and almost have it cleaned out. Next up, we (meaning Brian and my mom) will be painting some stripes in the room, touching up her bookshelf and dresser, and rearranging furniture. I am on the hunt now for a fun rug on Craigslist, my favorite website ever.

Speaking of Craigslist, Brian and I scored an almost new Simmons crib mattress for $25 yesterday! I love finding awesome baby deals. And now, Lila is finally starting to have as much stuff as us in her room...

Let them be little
Cause they're only that way for a while

Give them hope, give them praise
Give them love every day
Let them cry, let them giggle
Let them sleep in the middle
Oh, let them be little
~"Let Them Be Little" by Lonestar

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Joey and I laughed when we read your story of Brian feeling Lila kick because it sounds like Brian had the same reaction that Joey did:) hehe. Joey has been eager to feel her move ever since but, she has been very inconsistent for him. It's so special to share the babies movement with the hubs isn't it! :) I'm jealous that your nursery is progressing so fast. I've done nothing yet. Gotta get moving!