Thursday, November 5, 2009

best papa ever

Happy Birthday Brian! I am so excited for my sweet husband's birthday this year. Since its the Year of the Papa. And his last birthday without little Lila on his lap helping him blow out the candles. We have officially started the birthday celebration for the week, kicking off with a sushi dinner with my parents in Durham last night. We had a great time, opening fun presents, talking about Lila, and enjoying the evening at one of our favorite restaurants Mt. Fuji at Brightleaf Square. Big shout out for buy-one-get-one-free sushi rolls!


We have several more birthday celebrations coming up this week, with a fun group birthday dinner tomorrow night and a dinner with Brian's family on Sunday in Greensboro. We do birthdays big, if you haven't noticed.

Funny story about this pregnant lady here. I usually will get up early on Brian's birthday and make him a home-cooked breakfast in bed. However, I am fully aware that I am too much of a hot mess to even attempt that idea this year. Instead, I set my alarm clock early, knowing that Brian would not be getting up since he has the day off today. I slipped on my sweats, put the dogs in the back yard, and jumped in my car to go buy him some breakfast. Just so you have a complete picture: I was wearing a flannel nightgown, Carolina sweatpants, and slippers with my hair in a pony tail.

5 minutes after I pull out of the driveway, Brian calls me, "WHERE ARE YOU????" My poor husband had woken up, realized I wasn't in the house, noticed my car was not in the driveway and freaked out. I explained to him that I went to get him breakfast, but poor thing thought something had happened to his pregnant wife and I couldn't wake him up or something! He asked me politely to never try to surprise him again...at least not by leaving the house at dawn while pregnant and not telling him. Sorry sweetie!

Thanks to modern medical advances
such as antibiotics, nasal spray, and Diet Coke,
it has become more routine for people
in the civilized world to pass the age of 40.
Sometimes more than once.
~Dave Barry

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Okay, two things. One: Seeing someone eating sushi makes me extremely jealous and hungry and covetous. haha. lol. Glad you guys had a nice dinner with the fam. You deserve it! Second: your BD breakfast story cracked me up! haha.