Monday, December 7, 2009

negative test = good news

We have had a lot going on so I apologize for the lack of posts. I promise to be better! We have had an eventful last week with a lot of God moments. One of the most exciting things was our baby shower last Saturday and lots of fun baby gifts! But I will get to that after the more important things...you know like medical updates on the baby herself.

Last Tuesday we went to the doctor and thank God he says it looks like I am finally stabilized! He thinks the rest is getting my body to go back to a more normal state...apparently it does remember how to do its job and just be pregnant. He also repeated the fetal fibronectin test (that was the test I had 2 weeks prior that came back positive and was an indicator that I could possibly go into labor in the next 2 weeks) and this time it came back negative! So no risk of me delivering in the next 2 weeks! We could not be happier that the rest appears to be working.

On that note, they have decided that I will be on bed rest or limited activity for the rest of the pregnancy to assure that I don't go into preterm labor again. So that means the next 10+ weeks on the couch most of the day. Have I mentioned that I love my couch? We have a special bond, my red couch and I...

Everything grows rounder,
and wider and weirder,
and I sit here in the middle of it all
and wonder who in the world
you will turn out to be.
~Carrie Fisher

No comments: