Wednesday, July 1, 2009

snakes on a plane

Well maybe there weren't actual snakes on the plane, but yesterday was by far the worst travel day of my life. First off, yesterday's doctors appointment went great. I got to fill up some vials for blood work (not the exciting part) but I also got to see our doctor and have her congratulate us on the pregnancy. I got a call back today and my hCG level is 706, so double from Sunday. Yeah! I keep singing the doublemint song to encourage them...

And yes, I promise to dress my awesomely retro twins in these very outfits.

Speaking of twins, we have a very high progesterone level, which my nurse says is a good indication of multiples! We have our first ultrasound on Tuesday morning, so pray for beautiful, textbook little sacs. We should be able to see how many sacs there are, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are still developing. In the next month, we will know for sure how many we are having. I will have an ultrasound every Tuesday until I am released to an OB at 10 weeks.

Back to the plane, let's just say after an hour delay for the flight to Chicago, 2 long train rides (with delays due to construction), 2 taxi rides, running between 3 terminals in 1 airport, missed flight to Raleigh, rerouted flight to Newark, and a 3 hour delay, I finally made it back in home. Only 6 hours late.

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe I hate to go
~John Denver "Leaving On a Jet Plane"

No comments: