Tuesday, July 7, 2009

count von count

So we had our first ultrasound today! It was so excited to get up super early and head over to our doctor's office for an appointment before work. Just to clarify- the going to the ultrasound part is actual excitement...the getting up early is sarcastic excitement. We will have an appointment every Tuesday until I am released to an OB at 10 weeks (August 11). Now everyone needs to not get too excited because this is a very early ultrasound, but they did see that two little Hege Eggies had implanted! All that means is that both embryos implanted and formed a sac about 2 weeks ago. We do not know that both of them are still growing at the point. At next week's ultrasound we will start to see more and in the next 3 weeks, we should know for sure how many we are having!

In the meantime, we are having a great time resting and trying not to overload ourselves. This weekend, we had a great time at Matt & Elizabeth's wedding on Friday, fireworks at the Fairground on Saturday, and a bridal shower for my friend Emily on Sunday! Okay, so you might be saying, how is that not a busy, overbooked weekend when you are trying to rest Lindsay? I won't break it down for you, but suffice to say that it is approximately 5 less events per weekend than before I got pregnant. So lay off yo, and let us go back to resting and counting babies.

You know I am called the Count
Because I really love to count
I could sit and count all day
Sometimes I get carried away
1! 2! 3! 4!
1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4
~"The Song of the Count" Sesame Street

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

I still remember watching the Count, count sheep back when I was younger and I still use that method today to try and fall asleep:). Like the tie in there:). I'm so happy that things are looking good! Can't wait to know more with each passing week!!! Soooo excited!!