Saturday, May 30, 2009

roadtrip, excellent!

Every road trip of my childhood started out with this song, whether we were playing it on a cassette, CD, or eventually an iPod. It was to remind our family that whatever earthly journey we were embarking on, the final destination was always the same.

Packed car- CHECK
More clothes, supplies, food than anyone could need in a month- CHECK
iPod stocked with fun driving tunes- CHECK
Comically large grocery bag stocked with medicines- CHECK
Two puppies- Just kidding, although they sure tried to jump in
Excitement and peace in the promises God has given us- CHECK

We'll drive to Indiana tonight, have dinner with an old family friend Gene, and then spend the night at the Pobanz's (who used to live across the street from my parents in NC). Then a day of relaxing in Indianapolis on Tuesday before driving the rest of the way to Chicago. Tuesday night we stay in a hotel in Chicago, where I have my first doctor's appointment early in the morning on Wednesday. Finally, meeting up with Al and Sandy, the incredibly generous couple who are letting us stay at their place, where we unpack and get settled!

Started out this morning in the usual way
Chasing thoughts inside my head of all I had to do today
Another time around the circle try to make it better than the last
I opened up the Bible and I read about me
Said I'd been a prisoner and God's grace had set me free
And somewhere between the pages it hit me like a lightning bolt
I saw a big frontier in front of me and I heard somebody say "let's go"!

Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure

Come on get ready for the ride of your life
Gonna leave long faced religion in a cloud of dust behind
And discover all the new horizons just waiting to be explored
This is what we were created for

We'll travel over, over mountains so high
We'll go through valleys below
Still through it all we'll find that
This is the greatest journey that the human heart will ever see
The love of God will take us far beyond our wildest dreams
Yeah... oh saddle up your horses... come on get ready to ride
~"The Great Adventure" by Steven Curtis Chapman

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

I'm praying that you had/have a safe drive up to your state of residence for the next month! You will be missed at church and all relating functions but, I am so excited for you and what the future holds in Jesus name! Keep us updated purdeeee pleaseeee!