Saturday, May 30, 2009

with a love so sweet in so many ways

This week, Brian and I celebrated our four year anniversary! I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown since that wonderful Memorial weekend in 2005. We had a great dinner out, all dressed up, and I love my framed wedding invitation from Brian (somehow, that just never got done until now). Brian also got me new Rainbow sandals for my trip. That might seem like a strange gift, unless you had seen my current sandals. And I wonder why he might be embarrassed by my footwear.

I finished my work on Friday, which was a huge accomplishment. Trying to arrange to be gone for a month, making sure volunteers and vendors are all set for upcoming events and any emails and communication are written with instructions about when to send them out...it was quite a feat. As shocking as this may be to people who know me, I have a hard time not being super busy. I love organization and tons of activities. And to know that things are out of my hands for 4 weeks has been a real lesson in patience and giving up control. So I am spending the weekend trying to wind down my brain, slowly pulling myself off of my Internet/email dependence, and relaxing. I have a lovely massage planned for tomorrow that should help with that.

Brian has also had a busy week at work. He has received a promotion and transfer to a larger branch of his bank in Durham. So Monday is his first day at his new job! I am so proud of him, moving up even in this economy. I hope his new lunchbox and framed picture for his desk help the transition. I am sad I won't be here for his first week of work, but I'm glad he will have lots of stuff to do while I'm gone. Between his new job, softball, and church stuff, he might not even realize I'm gone! Now the puppies on the other hand...

You were better to me than I was to myself
For me there's you and there ain't nobody else
I want to stop and thank you baby
I just want to stop! And thank you baby
How sweet it is to be loved by you
~James Taylor

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys again! I'm glad you got a new pair of rainbows Lindsay..you really needed those based on that picture:). Congrats to Brian on his new job! That is so awesome! I hope it's a great first week for him. God Bless you both during this busy week!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Linds and B-rian! We love you.