Thursday, May 7, 2009

b-i-n-g-o

Wow...holy long break in posts, Batman! So quick recap: Went to Chicago, got our meds in the mail, 3 birthday parties for family and friends, and told Lindsay's work about her medical leave. Got all that?

Our Chicago trip was short and great. Lindsay flew to Chicago last Friday in the early morning and came back that afternoon. 6 hours in Chicago is a very short visit! But everything went great, our doctors were happy with her blood work, and allowed up to order our meds. So fertility medicines come through mail order pharmacy, which means you get a FedEx box packed with needles and vials. But they are all here and we were way blessed that two of our meds are ones that we already have a supply of at home....so we didn't have to pay for them!

Lastly, we told Lindsay's work this week about her leave. We were really worried that they would be upset about 4 weeks off work, but they have been supportive! Yay for answered prayers!

So now we are just packing and getting ready for the big trip! As Lindsay and her mom will be driving all the way to Chicago on their own, we have already started purchasing some handheld distractions.

When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown
and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car
and count how many people ask me if I'm leaving
~Stephen Wright

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Lindsay, I'm so glad to hear that all went well with your super short visit to Chicago. I am even happier to hear that your job was so supportive of your leave. God is good indeed!! I'm wondering how you are feeling right now with your big trip coming up full speed? I'm praying for you friend and hope the packing is a piece of cake! CU soon:)