Monday, December 13, 2010

rain rain go away

Sunday was a horrible, rainy, cold winter day. The kind where you just want to pull up the covers and stay in bed all day. So that is exactly what we did. After Lila's morning bottle we pulled her into bed with us and convinced her to go back to sleep. After an hour or so of protesting, she finally got the message.
When I woke up from my second slumber, I decided to leave these two in bed and venture out for some warm breakfast. Brian had worked until after midnight at his weekend job and I knew he could use a little rest and perhaps some treats. I decided to run around the corner to our Biscuitville, where I discovered 2 things.
1. Apparently bologna is back. I am not sure who told them this, but I am sincerely hoping they are incorrect. Eww.
2. Warm flaky biscuits on a cold morning are A-Mazing.

We spent the rest of the morning in bed watching the "Father of the Bride" marathon, drinking coffee and letting Lila play with her Christmas presents (What? It kept her content and she won't know the difference when she opens them later). Our afternoon was even better with football, Christmas gift wrapping and a big spaghetti dinner. Sometimes, you just need to stay in your pajamas all day.

Pray that it's raining on Sunday
Pouring like crazy
We'll hide under the covers all afternoon
Baby whatever comes Monday
Can take care of itself
Cause we've got better things that we can do
When it's raining on Sunday
~"Raining on Sunday" by Keith Urban

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I am impressed that you got Lila to fall back to sleep in bed with you! That would have been a greuling hour for us:). Sounds like a wonderful day though! We had biscuits that morning too:)

Unknown said...

That sounds like the perfect rainy day with your family! Your posts always make me laugh!!