Monday, December 20, 2010

mustache free

You know when boys say something that comes to their mind without thinking about what they are actually implying? Yeah, they do that a lot. And usually it reminds me to laugh, especially when they get that look on their face and then they back track, trying desperately to make it better. And it always ends with, "You're beautiful and I love you," with that sad puppy dog face. Kills me every time.

"Staying Alive" playing on a commercial on TV
Lindsay starts humming the song while checking email, eventually breaking into song
Lindsay: "Ah, ah, ah, ah staying alive, staying alive. Ah, ah, ah, ah staying allllllllliiiiivvvvvvveee!"
Brian: "Wow, that is beautiful. Do you think you're one of the Bee Gee's tonight?"
Lindsay: "Obviously. Did you hear me hit that note?"
Brian: "Well you do have the same hair."
Lindsay: Silence.
Brian: "Uhhhhh..."
Lindsay: "Did you just compare my haircut to that of a 70's male disco singer?"
Brian: "No. You totally misunderstood me. I said you have beautiful hair, similar to the hair fame of the Bee Gees in their time."
Lindsay: "That is not what you said."
Brian: "Your hair is beautiful. Just like your voice."
Lindsay: Silence.
Brian: "At least you don't have a mustache like the Bee Gees."
Lindsay: "Seriously? That's the ending you're going with?"
Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk
Music loud and women warm
I've been kicked around since I was born
And now it's all right, it's okay
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man
~"Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hit It out of the ballpark with this one! I can't quit laughing.....