Tuesday, February 2, 2010

snow day

Well the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. What a beautiful snowfall we had this weekend! We got about 6 inches here and it covered the whole yard and streets. Saturday and Sunday we just vegged out, watched movies, and made some yummy taco soup in the crock pot. I got the recipe from my friend Rebekah and it rocked! I posted the recipe below so that everyone can have some rocking taco soup.
 
 
 My dad was supposed to fly back from his mission trip from Africa on Saturday morning but the snow delayed his flight in from Atlanta. He ended up spending the night in Orlando with my sister and her husband and finally getting home on Sunday night. Which was a good thing since Sunday all day I was having contractions. 

The contractions continued all day Monday so we took another little trip to Labor & Delivery last night. But sadly it was not Lila's birthday. I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, which means we are on the way! Lila has moved all the way down and now we just need to get labor moving. So after several mall walks last night and some spicy food, I am going to get busy doing other things today. And maybe Lila will think I forgot about her and decide to make her grand debut!

Rebekah's Taco Soup
1lb ground beef, browned
1 packet of powder Ranch Dip seasoning
1 packet of powder Taco seasoning
1 can black beans
1 can white (Great Northern) beans
1 can chili beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes

Cook meat, drain. Into crock pot, add all 7 cans. I usually drain the oil at least half way out of all the beans and the corn, but put in the juice from the tomatoes. Add several cans of water to desired consistency (I usually only add 1-2 cans water). Lastly, add both packets of seasoning. Cook on high heat for a couple of hours. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.This recipe is very easy to double, although I usually only use one packet each of the two seasonings, even with the doubled recipe. It freezes and reheats very well!

When it snows, you have two choices:
shovel or make snow angels.
~Anonymous

1 comment:

Roars said...

Hold. The. Phone. You're 35 weeks and still look that good?! I was getting to beached-whale status at that point and you're looking postively radiant!!

Best of luck with the mall walks and spicy food... can't wait to hear the news of Lila's arrival!