Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1 down, 3 to go

Yes its a week later and we still haven't had the baby. But finally! We have a name for what I am going through! At our birthing class last night, our instructor told me I am going through Prodromal Labor. Basically it is an extended pre-labor that can take days (or weeks for us) where you have real contractions that become regular and short (we have been down to 5 minutes apart), but always back off after a couple of hours. This labor can cause you to dilate (like me!), lose your mucus plug, and the baby to drop, and one day will decide not to stop and BOOM...you're in active labor.

It feels so good to read stories about other women who have been through the same thing as me. It is really frustrating to feel like you are constantly in labor that is never progressing to actually having a baby. I am just exhausted at this point, having contractions all day and night, not getting any sleep, and just wanting Lila to decide today is her birth day. I am going to the doctor this afternoon to check and see how dilated I am.

Some very exciting news...the first mommy in our group of 4 had her baby this afternoon!! Yay baby Sam! Lindsey, the mom, is doing great and I am so excited to hear about her birth story. It makes this all so real and gets me excited for Lila to get here soon. Todd, Lindsey's husband, made these adorable buttons we have all been wearing to remind us to pray for our little playgroup. The 3 pink circles and 1 blue circle represent our group of 4 babies that will all be born in the next month. 4 little circles that are in our minds and will soon be in our arms.

Miracles come in moments.
Be ready and willing.
~Wayne Dyer

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

lol, funny that you put the button picture up because I was just about to upload my pics and do the same thing on our blog:).

So sorry that you are having to deal with so much early labor stuff. That would be really exhausting and mentally draining. Is the baby coming today or is she not?? I'll be praying for you and I hope you get some relief very soon!