Wednesday, February 10, 2010

clean as a whistle

So according to my doctor's visit yesterday, she could come any time now. Like tomorrow. Or maybe next week. Or the week after that if she feels like it. Basically he has no idea when this labor will kick into high gear. But at least she is staying happy and healthy while she is in there.

Now that my house is clean from top to bottom, maybe she will decide that it is neat enough for her to join us. This nesting thing is out of control! I have scrubbed all the floors, including moving the furniture to vacuum dog hair out from underneath it. Changed all the sheets in the house. Organized the linen closet. Updated my online bill pay for the next month. Cleaned the fridge and stocked up the pantry. Anyone have any gutters that need cleaning? Not sure if I am trying to force her out with sheer activity or if my OCD is just in overdrive from the complete lack of sleep at night.
God help me. I'm so tired.
I need my sleep. I make no bones about it.
I need eight hours a day, and at least ten at night.
~Bill Hicks

2 comments:

M.A. said...

Yay I'm so excited she's coming soon!! In the meantime you are MORE than welcome to come clean our apartment. :)

LICENSE TO MOMMY said...

I remember being exactly where you are right now. It's the worst part! Well... it's the worst part for the anxiety. Patience and activity are my bits of advice. Oh and La Rancherita at Crabtree... I ate mexican every week through my entire pregnancy, I mean I ate alot of it. But I had La Rancherita the afternoon of the day (which was really night) I went into labor. It's worth a shot. And I know you're probably willing to do most anything to get this goin!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!