Friday, August 28, 2009

on my honor I will try

I wonder if our baby will be a boy/girl scout like me, or very resourceful and logical like Brian. I am the person who always has supplies with me for any possible situation. For example, within 5 feet of me at my desk I have:
Liquid bandaid
Actual bandaids (wild animal scenes)
Nail kit
Lint roller
Several umbrellas
Static Guard spray
Toothbrush
Several different brands of painkillers

The list could go on and on. Now Brian on the other hand doesn't like to accumulate stuff. He is anti stuff, which someone needs to be in our house. Last night we were driving home from a double date at Babies R Us (yes we know we are dorks) with friends who's due date for their first baby is four days before us. Which as a side note, is the cutest thing ever and makes me laugh every time we talk about it.

Anyway, I digress, while we were driving Brian realized that suddenly both of my headlights had gone out. He immediately pulls into an auto store, goes in and buys the lights, borrows a flashlight (which ironically I did not have on stock in my car) and changes our headlights right there in the parking lot.

So maybe the baby will get the best of both parents and be uber-prepared, but still very resourceful and handy. It's just funny to think about which of our drastically different personality traits our little plum will have!
It's clear from your vacant expressions
The lights are not all on upstairs
But we're talking kings and successions
Even you can't be caught unaware
So prepare for the chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
~"Be Prepared", The Lion King

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Wave that first trimester goodbye:) It's on to a rounder belly and baby kicks for you now!! So exciting!!