Thursday, September 22, 2011

more! more!

I had a work meeting today at a very yummy bakery close to my office. I justified the cranberry scone I bought along with my latte, saying I would take at least half of it home to Lila. Funny enough, that trick actually worked and I only ate a few delicious bites. I made it home just as Lila was waking up from her nap and my little one's empty tummy was ravenous. It was like she smelled the pastry bag from upstairs.

As she was drinking a giant cup of milk, I pulled apart a handful of pieces of the scone and put them on her plate at her little picnic table. I started answering a few emails while she ate and soon (way too soon for the amount of food), she came over to me asking for "More! More" with both words and sign language, which means she is very, very serious. 

I told her one minute while I finished my email, knowing I only needed less than the 60 seconds to get it sent out. Fifteen seconds later, Lila toddles over with her empty plate, setting it on the floor in front of me. "More! More!" Less than a minute Lila, Mommy promises. Fifteen seconds later, I realized she had won the battle as she toddles around the corner, now holding the pastry bag that she apparently sneaked off the table. "More? More?" Well played, Lila. Well played.

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas. 
I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas. 
~"Apples and Bananas" by Raffi