Wednesday, February 23, 2011

parking-a-lot

The air is warmer, the flip flops have been pulled out and the sun is shining on our faces once again. It has been the longest, coldest winter I can remember. And those babies are tricky things; they do not like hanging outside when its all cold and snowy. Finicky babies.

I am not gonna lie, Lila went to the park for the first time last week. Yes, I realize how I have deprived her of a childhood and I will have to subsequently pay for her therapy throughout her early adult years. But is has been such a horrible winter and she really has only been crawling for a couple weeks. Okay, two months but whatever. Let's just call it even and talk about what an awesome mom I am for taking Lila to the park 3 times last week.
Lila LOVED the swings. Shout out to Alysha of The Tarr Pit blog and The Sunshine Stich Etsy Shop for making Lila's adorable owl hat. We totally bought that hat for her birthday and then it was so stinking cute on her I have been letting her wear it all week. Birthday gift fail.
The sand was particularly fascinating. So much sand! And it is so easy to scoop into our shoes. And diaper. And our friend Daisy's hair. Daisy's mom Casey was nice enough to meet us for a playdate and enjoy the beautiful day.
We also explored some playgrounds closer to us over the weekend when Brian was off work. We busted out a picnic lunch complete with some delicious Puffs and some playground tunnel races. Lila won the race. Or maybe she was just the only who fit in the tunnel. What are your most excited about exploring this spring? Which playground equipment did you conquer this week?

A little bird, he told me so
He said come on, get on the go
Open your eyes the sky is full of butterflies
The blossoms on the trees stir up the honey bees
Spring makes my fever right
~"Spring Fever" by Elvis Presley

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

I'm so glad we had a park day together because now I know how much Daisy enjoys it and it will be something new for us to explore on work days;0. Thanks for inviting us! Next time I will try to get to the park more promptly...and not get lost again! lol