Monday, February 7, 2011

keep holding on

I am alive but barely. These past two weeks have been overwhelming and overbearing. As an event planner, it is always a stretch to make it through the couple of weeks leading up to a big annual event. Try throwing in an 11 month old with separation anxiety and 2 teeth being cut and it spells D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.

My biggest fundraiser of the year, a 400 person black tie gala and auction is this Friday. In this one evening, I make over half of my annual fundraising total. I am just trying to make sure I consume some liquids other than coffee and diet coke each day. And making sure I go to bed before 4am (epic fail last night) because every working mom knows the only time you can really get work done is after the husband and baby goes to bed. And trying to fit in time to run to Target to buy more undereye concealer to hide the bags of sleep deprivation. And trying not to lose it every time Lila lifts her arms up to me and cries for me to cuddle her as I race about the house.

It will get better. Saturday will be here soon. Sleep will eventually become a normal part of my life again. And Lila will still love me even though I have no time for puzzles and story time this week. And Brian will get a serious Hubby Award for carrying the load this month (love ya babe). A case of Diet Coke, a dark pair of sunglasses and lots of prayers are appreciated. See ya next week.

Rest when you're weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit.
Then get back to work.
~Ralph Marston

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Hang in there friend! You have such a full plate. Hope relief comes soon!

rebekah said...

maybe you should try a backpack for Lila.....it use to work for me when I had to run around and work....saved me from having to pick her up every time i moved and even stregthened my quads at the same time...lol!....i am serious...try it...it may just work! :-) hang in there...this to shall pass!