Wednesday, April 21, 2010

animals among us

I am trying to keep up with blogging, really I am, but it is crazy tough to crank out blog posts with a newborn. Apparently I am not so good at the one-handed typing thing. But I promise to keep trying!!

We celebrated Brian's last couple of days at home last week, which was super sad. Yes, you heard me right. Brian has been off work FIVE WEEKS for Lila's birth. Which has been awesome and so helpful and life saving. Not only could he help out at night and not worry about having to get up early for work, but we could take turns holding her during the day. "Brian...your turn!" He has been so helpful as we have adjusted to being parents, figured out breast feeding, and dealt with very little sleep at night.

Our last day at home together was spent at the zoo. Because you know how much newborns love animals. Lila loved the polar bears (I mean while she was sleeping in her stroller completely covered with the sun shade). She also loved the elephants (which she enjoyed from the adjacent bench while nursing under a blanket). We loved getting a chance to do some normal family things that will be repeated over and over through the years.
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
~Winston Churchill

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't realize y'all went to the zoo! What a cute little family thing to do together. Thanks again for dinner last night :-)

Casey Martinez said...

love your sense oh humor girlie:) Glad Lila enjoyed the polar bears. hehe You are doing a great job at blogging and I enjoy every post:) Glad you and Brian had a fun last day together and hope you are doing okay now that Brian is back at work. I know it's def. tougher!! Hope to see you today:)