Thursday, January 7, 2010

peanut butter jelly time

This baby is hungry. No joke. The last several weeks has shown some major growth to the belly as Lila is picking up steam with her weight gain. This presents a key problem...since Lila is squishing my stomach, I have a hard time eating enough to keep her happy. Basically, every few hours my blood sugar drops as a gentle reminder to FEED THE BABY. I know, I know, the pregnant woman is whining because she has to eat all the time. But imagine waking up the cranky, pregnant woman at 1am every night to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so she doesn't have a blood sugar crash in the middle of the night.

Other than being a crazy hungry pregnant woman we are all doing well here. We are working on adding some more decorations to the nursery and I will post more pictures when we get them all up. We are also planning on getting the car seat installed this week. Seems like it would be an easy task, but apparently it is not since 80% of well-meaning parents do it wrong. Which is why there are websites- whole websites- dedicated to making it as idiot proof as possible. We are taking it over to the fire station afterwards to see how we did, so I'll let you know whether we have passed or failed in our early parenting test.
Going hungry never bothered me...
it was having no clothes.
~Cher

No comments: