Monday, January 4, 2010

diet coke: just for the taste of it

Being pregnant and remembering to keep up with responsibilities (like blogging) is very difficult. So I am going to blame this one on pregnancy brain. And since I am so big and pregnant, I don't think anyone's gonna challenge me on this one. To prove my overt pregnantness, I promise to post a belly shot this week. Until then, this example will have to suffice.

Last week, Brian came home from work and we were having the normal, "well what do you want for dinner?" convo. I decided to open the freezer and get out some meat for spaghetti. Brian in the other room hears "Oh my gosh! Oh no!" and comes racing into the kitchen. FREE TIP: If you are a third trimester pregnant woman with preterm labor problems, never yell any exclamation of surprise or shock without a quick explanation following. Or your husband might have a mini heart attack.

Back to the story, I opened my freezer to see a diet coke half sticking out of the ice bucket and frozen drips of diet coke slush all over my freezer. In the door. All in the ice tray. On the ceiling. Covering packages of food. Funny thing is, I don't even remember putting the diet coke in the fridge that day. Hopefully that is the last thing I inadvertently leave in my freezer to explode.

We have had a very productive last two weeks getting Lila's room all ready for her arrival! At this point, we have all of her 0-3 month clothes, blankets, sheets, burp rags, or any other piece of fabric that might come into contact or remotely near any part of her skin washed and put away. You can never be too careful about those pesky fabric chemicals. Here are some fun pictures of her striped walls, bookshelf full of fun books, assembled crib, changing table/dresser, and closet full of clothes that is coming dangerously close to challenging Sarah Jessica Parker. The sign above her crib is courtesy of my oh so talented, never to underestimate when you off-hand mention a crafty idea to her friend, Ellie :-)
Decorate your home.
It gives the illusion that your life is
more interesting than it really is.
~Charles M. Schulz

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Yeah!! The highlight of my day! I am sitting on a long conference call with work right now and saw this pleasant surprise whilst I sat here:). I LOVE the green color in your room. That is pretty much exactly the color I had in mind originally. The stripes are beautiful, the bedding is darling and the dresser is awesome!!! Love it you guys!!