Thursday, April 28, 2011

renewal

Packing my bags on Friday full of swimsuits, comfy pants and flip flops
Feet propped on the deck, staring at the ocean
Closing my eyes and hearing the waves crash
Smelling warm coffee rising from my mug
Laughing with some fabulous ladies
Talking about God moments in our lives
Walking on the sand and feeling shells under my feet
Curling up on the couch with a glass of wine
Snacking on yummy chips and salsa and forgetting about the calories
Sitting by the water doing my devotions in the early (err, late morning) hours
Not worrying about silly things like makeup and blow dryers
Missing my hubby and little one but knowing they will be waiting for me at the door on Sunday
Finding to time to be ME again
People, even more than things,
have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed;
never throw out anyone.
~Audrey Hepburn

2 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Ohhhh lucky gal!! Have a wonderful time!!

Olga Marquez said...

How fun! Have a great time lady!