Saturday, March 6, 2010

spring in my step

Baby #2 in our playgroup is now officially on the way! Our friends Jen and Evan are at the hospital right now getting ready to deliver their little girl. They were due on March 3, so I guess we are actually following the original order of due dates. Our playgroup is very rule-oriented like that. Since we're all such rule followers in life...riggggghtttt...

I was so excited that it has gotten a little warmer each day this week. I love the sunshine and love getting the dogs out of the house to play in the backyard all day. I mean, I would actually like to have a baby to put in our stroller to walk down the street on days like this. I almost took a test run with Penelope the stuffed zebra but decided against it in favor of keeping up our street cred with the neighbors. I did however decide to dress like it was spring today to give Lila the reminder that this was the season that she was already supposed to be here for. Let's see if she takes the hint.

Or maybe this note to Lila from my Elon friend Rory will do the trick:
"Darling girl- While I know you're super comfy where you are right now, I can guarantee you that once you join us on "the outside" life will only get better - there will be infinite hugs and kisses from all sorts of friends, family & dogs, soft and comfy blankets to be swaddled in, lullabies from Mommy & Daddy, and a whole world to explore! We're trying to resist sending you an eviction notice, but this is getting a little absurd - your parents have waited so long already for your arrival... please don't make them wait much longer!"

A little bird, he told me so
He said come on, get on the go
Open your eyes, the sky is full of butterflies
The blossoms on the trees stir up the honeybees
Spring makes my fever right
~"Spring Fever" by Elvis Presley

1 comment:

Casey Martinez said...

Love that top!! Want that top!! :) 2 down two to go and you will be popping any day now mamas. I'm so excited for you and Brian. Hang in there. I think relief is just around the corner:).