Friday, October 16, 2009

pumpkin patch kids

Why is it so cold??? And the leaves are all changing!! And my belly is getting really big!!! Holy overuse of punctuation Batman!

I love fall. Everything changing, people bundling up in new clothes, trying to squeeze in as much outdoor activity as possible before the cold kicks us to the fireplace. This year, we have even more change to celebrate :-) Brian and I have spent this last week of temperature change cleaning out closets of summer clothes, eating chili and watching movies, and baking. Or rather, I baked and Brian taste tested.

One of my favorite ingredients to use in the fall is pumpkin. I am actually not a fan of pumpkin pie, so I have to get my fix elsewhere. I have the best pumpkin muffin recipe from my friend Dori that I pull out every year about this time. This year, they served as Boss's Day gifts for Brian and I. And for those of you with blank looks on your face, yes Boss's Day was today, yes you missed it, and yes you now have to get an even bigger card and gift to slink into the office with on Monday. Enjoy!


Dori's Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
Wet
1 C vegetable oil
2/3 C water
4 eggs
2 C canned pumpkin

Dry
1 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
3 C sugar
3 1/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
2 t baking soda

-Mix wet ingredients together with mixer. Then add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, till inserted toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Evan and Jen said...

I didn't miss Boss's Day---I remembered which is a miracle considering my mental state as of late, haha. Thanks for the recipe!

Casey Martinez said...

I like Brian's happy expression in the picture:) I love Fall too! Glad you guys are enjoying it!