Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a lot of weird tests

So funny story called I work in Alamance County where HIPAA doesn't exist.

I had to go to a doctor here in Burlington to get all my pre-IVF blood work done. Which yes, does have a test for every sexually transmitted disease ever...in all of history. Burlington is not the most forward-thinking town. And apparently not the most interested in comprehensive medical testing.

I had to bring my list of 20 bajillion tests to the nationally certified lab at my doctor's office where the following comments resulted:

"Do we test for all these things?"
"Are you sure these are real diseases?"
"I hope you have good veins"
"These are a lot of weird tests. They sure ordered the whole menu for you (insert condescending, judgmental look here)"
"What is IVF again? Can they put a bunch of babies in you so when you have them, you can just be done and they can tie your tubes?"

Oh how I love a good doctor's office joke...

Jerry is recovering from day surgery when a nurse asks him how he is feeling.
"I'm OK but I didn't like the four-letter-word the doctor used in surgery," he answered.
"What did he say," asked the nurse.
"OOPS!"

No comments: